Diana R. Sever, Esq.
I was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania and have lived in the South Jersey area since 1975 — first in Cherry Hill and now in Moorestown with my husband and three active boys. I graduated Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude from the University of Delaware with dual Bachelors of Arts degrees in Criminal Justice and Foreign Languages & Literature. While at the University of Delaware, I eagerly participated in the University Honors Program, served on the Judicial Appellate Court and was a Rhodes Scholar candidate.
At Villanova University School of Law, I served as Editor of Outside Works for the Villanova Sports and Entertainment Law Journal and graduated in the top 20 percent of the 1994 class. Thereafter, I served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Ronald E. Bookbinder, an assignment judge in Burlington County.
While I enjoy a diverse practice as a litigator and negotiator, my work as the lead for our Special Education practice is particularly fulfilling. This area of law is near to my heart as the mother of a special needs child. We seek win-win resolutions but with the child’s best interests in mind.
In addition to special education law, my areas of practice include municipal and school board insurance defense, as well as general civil and commercial litigation. I enjoy working with my peers solving complex problems and representing clients, both institutional and private, in connection with a variety of these matters before federal and state court and administrative agencies.
I am pleased to be licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and Third Circuit Court of Appeals. I’m a member of the New Jersey State and Burlington County Bar Associations and as a family we are active in our community and I volunteer my time in the Moorestown schools.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Employment Discrimination
- Civil Rights Actions
- Special Education
- Municipal and School Board Insurance Defense
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D.- 1994
- Honors: Top 20 percent of graduating class
- Law Journal: Villanova Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Editor of Outside Works
University of Delaware
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: University Honors Program
- Honors: Rhodes scholar candidate
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Major: Foreign Languages and Literature
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar. Member
- Burlington County Bar Association. Member
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Ronald E. Bookbinder, Presiding Chancery Judge (Burlington County), Law Clerk