Leonard R. Wizmur, Esq. – Of Counsel
Len Wizmur was born in Budapest, Hungary. After emigrating to the United States at an early age, he grew up in Long Island, New York, where he attended and graduated from Syosset High School. After briefly attending Tulane University in New Orleans, he transferred to the City College of New York and graduated, with honors, in 1971, earning his Bachelor of Arts degree. Len went on to attend Rutgers University Law School in Camden, New Jersey, graduating in 1974 and earning his Juris Doctor degree. While in law school, Len successfully completed an internship in criminal law with the Office of the Public Defender in Camden and Freehold, New Jersey.
After being admitted to the Bar, Len began his career as an attorney in Bridgeton, New Jersey assisting the Cumberland County Solicitor in municipal law matters. Subsequently, he relocated to Camden and joined the firm of Stransky and Weinberg, P.A. as an Associate. While there, Len was engaged in the general practice of law with an emphasis on worker’s compensation and personal injury matters. Thereafter, Len went out on his own and formed the firm of Leonard R. Wizmur & Associates, practicing in a wide variety of areas involving general civil and criminal litigation, real estate, corporate, estate and bankruptcy matters. Len eventually decided to focus and limit his practice to the area of personal and corporate bankruptcy matters. In l995, he joined Layne S. Gordon, Esq. to form the partnership of Wizmur and Gordon, LLP.
Len is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. He serves as a court appointed Arbitrator in Civil and Commercial matters pending before the U.S. District Court and the Superior Court of New Jersey in Camden and Burlington Counties and is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bankruptcy Institute, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the Bankruptcy Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Throughout his career, Len has been an active participant in both County and State Bar activities, having served as past President of the Burlington County Bar Association and as a member of the Board of Trustees for both the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Foundation. Len has frequently volunteered his services as a lecturer in Continuing Legal Education programs involving bankruptcy law, and serves as a member of the Rutgers Pro Bono Bankruptcy Program which provides free legal advice and services to indigent debtors in need of bankruptcy relief. In 1999, in recognition of the professionalism with which he practices law, and his contributions to the Bar, the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism recognized Len as “Lawyer of the Year”.
Len lives in Mount Laurel, New Jersey with his two children and his wife, the Hon. Judith H. Wizmur, U.S.B.J. He is actively involved in his community, having served has past President of the Mount Laurel Rotary Club, Trustee for the Burlington County Chamber of Commerce, member of his Local Selective Service Board. He is also a past member of the Board of Directors of the Greater Delaware Valley Chapter of the American Technion Society and the Jewish Community Relations Committee for the Jewish Federation of South Jersey.
- New Jersey, 1975
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1979
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation, 2000 – Present (Trustee)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 1994 – 2000 (Trustee)
- Burlington County Bar Association, 1993 – 1994 (President)
- Local Selective Service Board (Member)
- Jewish Community Relations Council (Board of Directors)
- Burlington County Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- American Technion Society (Board of Directors)
- Holocaust Resource Center, Mount Laurel (Board of Directors)
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Court (Lawyers Advisory Committee)
- NJSBA (Member, Nominating Committee)
- Mount Laurel Rotary Club, 1989 – 1990 (President)
- J.D., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden, Camden, New Jersey, 1974
- B.A., Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1971
- Honors: cum laude
- City College of New York, 1971
- Leonard R. Wizmur & Associates, 1996 – 1997
- Wizmur, Neuner & Ventura, 1985 – 1995
- Wizmur & Sacharow, 1983 – 1985
- Leonard R. Wizmur, Esquire, P.A., Managing Partner, 1977 – 1983
- George Stransky & Associates, Associate, 1975 – 1977
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Court Appointed Arbitrator, 1985 – Present