Melanie M. Levan, Esq.
I have a diverse practice, with emphasis on estate planning, trusts, estate administration and guardianships, as well as real estate, land use, and business transactions. I have been appointed by the court as an estate administrator, temporary and permanent guardian of incapacitated persons, and attorney to represent incapacitated persons. The most rewarding part of my practice is the personal connections I make with my clients, and using my skills and knowledge to help people. Whether it’s giving them peace of mind that their affairs are in order and their loved ones taken care of, helping them through important real estate transactions, or guiding them through the sale of their family business, my goal is to relieve some of the stress and burden that comes with a legal issue. My philosophy in practicing law is to treat all parties with respect and fairness..
I am an alumnus of Rutgers University and Rutgers School of Law-Newark. After law school, I served as law clerk to the Honorable Judith A. Yaskin before moving into private practice. I am admitted to the bars of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. I am a member of the Burlington County Bar Association and the Moorestown Business Association.
Moorestown has been my home since 1999. I am active in Moorestown’s community, participating in the Moorestown Home and School Association, and, in 2011, I co-founded MooreKids, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide support to low income children in Moorestown.
Areas of Practice:
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Rutgers University School of Law – Newark, NJ
- J.D. – 1998
- Co-Editor in Chief of Women’s Rights Law Reporter
- Rutgers University – New Brunswick, NJ
- B.A. – English, 1995
- Honors: Henry Rutgers Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Moorestown Business Association
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Burlington County Chamber of Commerce
Honors and Professional Awards:
- South Jersey Biz – Best Attorneys in Business 2015 for Real Estate and Land Use
- Served as law clerk to the Honorable Judith A. Yaskin, Superior Court, Civil Division, Trenton, New Jersey
- Moorestown Home and School Association
- Co-founded MooreKids, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting low-income children in Moorestown
- In my spare time, I teach yoga at Yoga Path Studio in downtown Moorestown