Declaring Bankruptcy with a Burlington County Bankruptcy Attorney
Filing for bankruptcy is a major life decision, and people often fear what bankruptcy will mean for their futures. The good news is that declaring bankruptcy in NJ can help eliminate the debt that has been weighing you down, paving the way for better financial health.
You may find the thought of bankruptcy scary and overwhelming, but when you have the right information and resources at your disposal, you will better understand the truth about bankruptcy and what to expect through the entire process. You will be surprised by how easy bankruptcy proceedings are with an experienced NJ bankruptcy lawyer from McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC by your side.
Individuals most commonly file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, while Chapter 11 bankruptcy is usually reserved for businesses. The process involved in each chapter differs slightly, but regardless of which form of bankruptcy you choose, immediate benefits to declaring bankruptcy include:
- An automatic stay prevents creditors from contacting you. Creditors will need to speak with your McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC attorney instead.
- Stopping wage garnishment; money will no longer be taken out of your paychecks.
- Freezing foreclosures and repossessions; your attorney will advise you on the best ways to protect your home and car.
The first step in declaring bankruptcy is visiting with a bankruptcy attorney with your financial documents and discussing your situation. Your attorney will explain each step involved in the bankruptcy process timeline and how to rebuild your credit after being discharged. With an experienced bankruptcy attorney from McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC on your side, the entire bankruptcy process will run smoothly, and you will be well on your way to financial recovery.
Why should I consult with a bankruptcy attorney about my debt?
- Get a professional opinion from an expert about the best way to handle your debts.
- Learn which debts you can potentially eliminate and which type of bankruptcy is right for your specific situation.
- Be provided the opportunity to discharge or restructure your debts.
- Stop wage garnishments and freeze foreclosures or repossessions.
- Receive guidance through the entire bankruptcy process, professional representation in court, and assistance rebuilding your credit.
Seek bankruptcy advice with a free phone consultation
Are you considering bankruptcy as a solution to your growing financial struggles and debt? Rest assured that the knowledgeable South Jersey bankruptcy attorneys at McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC will guide you through the entire process and thoroughly explain your options. Call us today or fill out our contact form to schedule a free phone consultation.