Credit Card Debt Lawyers in Burlington County
In order to build credit in the U.S., it is necessary to have at least one credit card that you use regularly. Unfortunately, it is easy to accumulate credit card debt because all it takes is one missed payment for your credit card bills to become unmanageable. Under a provision called universal default, if you miss just one payment on one of your credit cards, all of your creditors can be notified and raise your monthly payment to the maximum limit.
Issues with credit card debt typically arise from:
- High interest rates
- Hidden fees and penalties
- Late or missed payments
How to Eliminate or Reorganize Credit Card Debt
If you have more credit card debt than you can possibly pay off, it is important to act sooner rather than later. The longer you wait to seek help, the longer it will take for you to get a fresh start and relieve your financial stress. Rest assured that the South Jersey bankruptcy attorneys at McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC have years of experience helping clients who have significant credit card debts.
To get your credit card debt under control through bankruptcy, there are two options:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is commonly referred to as liquidation, and it eliminates all of your credit card debts, essentially providing you with a clean slate.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows debtors to reorganize their debts and develop a repayment schedule to pay some or all of their creditors. It typically takes debtors 3 to 5 years to be discharged in this form of bankruptcy.
With the help from a seasoned New Jersey bankruptcy attorney at McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC, you will learn which type of bankruptcy is best to eliminate your credit card debt and steer you toward a healthy financial future.
Why should I consult a bankruptcy lawyer about my credit card debt?
- The sooner you consult with a bankruptcy lawyer, the sooner you can relieve your debt burden and get a fresh start financially.
- An experienced bankruptcy lawyer can advise which form of bankruptcy is best for your situation.
- Learn the truth about bankruptcy and how it will impact your life.
- Prevent creditors from harassing you
- Get assistance rebuilding your credit and direction on smart credit card usage.
Seek Bankruptcy Advice with a Free Consultation
Credit card debt is common in the U.S., but ignoring the problem will only put you into further debt. If you have uncontrollable credit card debt and are receiving harassing calls from creditors, it is time to seek counsel from a skilled South Jersey bankruptcy attorney. Call McDowell Posternock Apell & Detrick, PC today or fill out the contact form to schedule your free phone consultation and take the first step to wiping your slate clean.